Tomorrow morning we fly to DC for Keene's bone marrow donation week. Yee-haw! Savin' lives! I hear it's humid and hot out there, oh joy. But I admit I've missed our capital city a bit. We get to stay near Georgetown this time, which means that for once we might be able to go out to eat and have fun there! There's no metro station in GT, so usually we just consider going there a hassle. I hear they have good pizza and cupcakes in that hood so stay tuned for a full report :)
So for today I have a collection of items. First off: would you like a guide for 1960's cocktails? Or perhaps a MadMen desktop? I'm getting amped for the new season.
Second: since John sent me this article I've probably told at least ten people about it because it's such a rad concept - Dumpster Dips. Some guy turned a bunch of dumpsters into a chic swimming pool hangout in an otherwise unused space in Brooklyn.

Third: Megan just alerted me to these incredibly decadent hot new condo manses on Capitol Hill. We're hoping to find time to take a tour of the showroom - they are ridiculously gorgeous with all that stained glass.

And I just had to post this pic the Merkles sent me of a sandwhich they ordered at Claim Jumper called "The Motherload." Yeah, I'd say that's a good name for it! I could totally eat that.
3 comments:
I want to live in that church...
Ditto. Isn't it gorgeous!?
Okay, that is a Scooby Doo sandwich! Good luck with that one!
Post a Comment