Thursday, November 04, 2010

And then...we were in Venice!

OMG. Venice is soooo beautiful. I was all wide-eyed the first day because it seriously looks just like the pictures!!!

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Tiny awesome old island city. VERY different from Germany.

Ok so at the airport they kinda throw you on one of these "ferry" boats. This ain't no WA State Ferry system, people. It's a small boat, that you walk over a friggin' PLANK to get into. With your suitcase. Or in some cases, with your baby. If I was a mom getting on that thing I would freak. Motion sickness was not kind to me on this ride, but we got there! It was actually pretty convenient.

Boom! You're in Venice. This is St. Mark's.

Pink street lights. *love*

What ever are these "tables" for? We found out soon enough.

Booya! I make my boyfriend pose.

Ok so there are musicians in St. Mark's Square and I got a little swept away - the music and the atmosphere and the richness of everything. Ridiculous.

Front of St. Mark's. Somebody likes them some gold leaf!

Tower. Stay tuned for pics from the top.

I totally already forgot what this was. Keene, comment away if you remember. It is awesome though.

Masks are all the rage there. Or the tourist rage. But yeah. Fun to look at.

FOOD TIME!

GO HERE.

Caprese!!! Totally satisfied a craving I've had for months.

The unusual combo that is unusually awesome.

YOU GUYS. I get what pizza snobs are talking about now. It's all about the crust. I never eat my crust but I did on this day.

I also fully understand the meaning of "al dente" now. And holy hell somebody get me that kitchenaid pasta attachment...PRONTO. I've been on a bolognese dragon chasing hunt since this meal. I might have to go back to Venice to get it.

Tiramisu!!!! I die.

Espresso!!! Cuz you need it after all that. Not pictured: bottle o' wine. Cuz duh.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I got all... "Oh! I remember this! And this! And this! And I love that!" while reading this post. So jealous.

Carrie said...

Okay so, yeah, that meal you had? That would have been my same pick if I was there. Oh, and that whole, melon + pancetta thing - I didn't get it either at first, but my goodness, it is so tasty!
I can't wait for more. I want to go to Italy ASAP.

Keene said...

I would not have remembered this, but ye olde wikipedia sez: It's St. Mark's Clock. I imagine the Venetians call it something else.

mansionmogul said...

They would be all, "Eeets-A dee Saint Mark's Clock-Ah" :)