Ah yes...Spain.

Paella...check.

Arty Farty picture of Estrella Damm beers...check.

Sipping beer with boyfriend (historically accurate term)...check!

Ok now...I die. Do you die? I don't know why I loved this door so much...but WOW. There was graffiti like this all over the city. LOVE IT.

Pretty fountain in the courtyard. One of many!

Not just any old lamp post...Europe wouldn't do that! They go big on lamp posts.

And then I found my wedding dress....OMG...no.

Ok we went to check out this Gaudi (I think) building...I honestly can't remember what it was called but the finials were pretty rad.

Check 'em out...kindof lawn-art-esque. Think they sell a version at Home Depot?

I loved how everything in Barcelona was Nouveau and Gaudi-inspired. That dude really had an impact on everything and the city has a very distinct personality reflecting it.

I made Keene take my picture in front of the big "B"...

Took this while we were on our bus tour...more cool graffiti...

Fishies!

We walked along the beach! BEACH, people. In October.

All in search of this Frank Gehry fish sculpture. It was pretty cool. I liked the all-gold.

Look at us: BUS TOUR PEOPLE

La Rambla, the place where it's all happenin'

I LOVE palm trees! Or maybe just the weather they live in :)

Is Barcelona cool, or what? Funky public sculpture everywhere.

Cool planters/sculpture. And I rarely approve of sculpture. They do it right in this town.

COOL modern buildings that are actually nice to look at!

The "lipstick" building.

It's a sight to see.

Now we are going on over a month since our trip and my memory is already foggy! I can't remember if this was a bull fighting arena or a Jewish something or other. Or both!

I DIE FOR THIS BUILDING. This is a REAL building! Modern + Lavender. I LOVE IT!!!

La Sagrada Familia up next...it had to have it's own post :)
7 comments:
Love the pics! and RE: the wedding dress...yeah, crazy...BUT can you imagine bouncin' your way across the dance floor in that!?! It would be like starting a massive pillow fight :-)
-ish
OHHH, THAT building. I remember that building. It's Palau Guell. See? SEE!?!
Ish - I love that you kinda like this dress :)
Fiance - I should've asked you what bldg that was in the AM, not the PM.
There was a lamp on ApartmentTherapy that was kind of like that dress.
ALSO: That building is rad.
ALSO: That grafitti is awesome because of the color, is my theory. Bright pink!!!
True. I will thank you to remember that in the future, wife-to-be.
The little caps on that building are kinda like your mushroom ornaments!
Ooh! So true!
Post a Comment