Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ask MM: Blog Edition

Another loyal reader and friend recently sent me several fantastic questions. I thought I'd start by answering the weddin'-related one!

"When are you shopping for a wedding dress? Or have you bought one? Do you have a silhouette in mind?" - Andrea (Drew, as she is to me!)

To answer Andrea's question: I think I'll be shopping for a dress around October. Being that I am all cliche and whatnot, I'm trying to shed just a few extra pounds before the shopping starts. I think I can get to my goal by October! (hope)

As for styles/silhouettes, I am truly going to just go with what looks best. I've barely worn any formal dresses in my life, so I don't know exactly what works well on me yet. But I do know I love "vintage" looking dresses, classic, and lace, lace, lace. Oh, and a little sparkle doesn't hurt either ;)

Let's first start with The Ultimate in Perfection: Kate. I DIED when she stepped out of that car on her wedding day.

And before her, was her inspiration: Grace. Again, the lace, I die for it.

I have always liked 3/4 sleeves as well. Why not on a dress?! They can be gorgeous!

Or vintage...

Or a great excuse for more lace...

I love love love all the detailed, scalloped and lace backs that are out there...

Ok. Let's pretend for a minute. I would never actually go "mini", but these are tempting!

Love it! Maybe for my "getaway" outfit :)

Tea length is also tempting because it shows off FABULOUS shoes so well!

Most likely I'll go for a sweetheart neckline, since those always flatter...

I've seen this dress all over the place lately - isn't it precious?

Dying for this neckline. Sweetheart, lace, and the sparkly vintage-ey belt. Love.

The cascading back could be pretty...

Or I might go more simple with a luscious satin...

But OhEmGee....is this classic silhouette dreamy or WHAT?

I guess you'll just have to stay tuned! I can't wait to go dress shopping. I wonder if it'll be like the movies/tv where the one that makes my mom cry is "the one"....

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my god, I'm not even engaged and I'm getting anxious looking at this post... too many choices!

mansionmogul said...

Right?! What they don't tell you is that wedding planning is like decision-making hell!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure they'll ALL make your mom cry - you're going to be beautiful!!! And the good part about a May wedding? It won't be too hot outside so you won't have to worry about overheating!

~P

mansionmogul said...

Aw! Thanks, P. Yeah I want to get a cute pink cartigan or something to wear over it afterwards :)